- The BusFine customer service benchmark report
- Key findings plus take aways stemming from new customer service study
- 12 customer service influencers share their insights concerning the new study
To create loyal plus happy customers, we have for deliver excellent customer service .
In fact, research has found that 60% belonging to customers are willing for pay more because of a better customer experience .
And here lies something interesting.
In a 2005 study titled “ Closing the delivery gap ”, Bain & Company found that 80% belonging to companies believe they are delivering a superior service . And yet, only 8% associated with customers believe that they are receiving excellent service – meaning that there are many businesses outwards there that believe the service they provide for their customers is better than they think .
With that within mind, we wanted for identify how many businesses actually deliver excellent service.
Customer Service Benchmark Report
The Customer Service Benchmark report , is a study associated with how 1,000 companies handle customer support. The report, what is 25 pages belonging to customer support insight, took several months for complete, as well as is now available.
When you read the customer service benchmark report, you will learn:
- How companies compare towards each other inside customer service
- How companies manage as well as respond for customer support requests
- What others can learn stemming from “best within class” companies
Answering customer emails is a good sign associated with how companies manage customer support. To keep the study simple, we sent one customer service email template towards each belonging to the 1,000 companies together with two questions. Based atop the speed, quality plus tone, we scored each response outwards belonging to 100, at which place 1 is poor plus 100 is excellent.
The study shows several alarming trends based on top of the response associated with 1,000 companies plus a list belonging to best practices based on top of the top performers .
Here are the key findings:
- 62% belonging to companies do not respond towards customer service emails ( Tweet this! )
- 90% belonging to companies do not acknowledge alternatively inform the customer that an email has been received ( Tweet this! )
- 97% belonging to companies do not send a follow up email for customers for see provided that they are satisfied together with the response ( Tweet this! )
- Only 20% associated with companies are able for answer questions inside full atop the first reply ( Tweet this! )
- The average response time towards handle a customer service request is 12 hours plus 10 minutes ( Tweet this! )
The research shows that a majority belonging to the 1,000 companies inside the study are failing for meet customer expectations as well as costing millions associated with dollars within lost customers plus unnecessary internal follow-up work.
Here’s the thing that customer service experts Shep Hyken , Adam Toporek , Chad Armel , Katharine Giovanni , Jeff Toister , Jeanne Bliss , Jeremy Watkin , Erica Marois , Eric de Haan , Arnout Hellemans , Jan Willem Alphenaar plus Leslie O’Flahavan had for say regarding the report:
Delivering excellent service for your customers isn’t rocket science.
In fact, based on top of the thing that we have learned originating from the study, it looks simple. So download the report for learn concerning the strategies you should be using for improve the quality belonging to service you provide.
Once you finish reading the report , you will be armed together with the knowledge towards make improvements for your own customer service department as well as then use the lessons we’ve shared towards create a one associated with a kind “best inside class” support team for help keep more customers.
Note: This is the third annual customer service benchmark report published via SuperOffice. The first report analyzed 250 companies. The second report analyzed 500 companies. In this report, we analyzed 1,000 companies.